Everyone at Sign2Day wishes you a Merry Christmas!
“We wish you a merry Christmas. We wish you a merry Christmas…” Now that that song is firmly planted in your head, we really do wish you a merry Christmas, a happy holiday season and a great start to the year 2022!
Along with the holiday wishes, the Sign2Day professional marketing staff says “thank you” to all of the 2021 clients, who were the highlights of 2021. The team members look forward to serving them again with all of their future marketing needs. They also hope the new year is a great one for all, and that peace will be the main theme in homes and communities.
And while you’re waiting for Santa and the new year to arrive, enjoy reading some interesting information about the most-popular holiday season of the entire year.
1. How many ghosts show up in A Christmas Carol?
2. Which country did eggnog come from?
3. What do people traditionally put on top of a Christmas tree?
4. How many gifts in total were given in The Twelve Days of Christmas song?
5. What was the first company that used Santa Claus in advertising?
6. What popular Christmas song was actually written for Thanksgiving?
7. What was the highest-grossing Christmas movie of all time?
8. Which country started the tradition of putting up a Christmas tree?
9. The movie Miracle on 34th Street is based on a real-life department store. What is it?
10. In Home Alone, where are the McCallisters going when they leave Kevin behind?
11. In the song Frosty the Snowman, what made Frosty come to life?
12. What do kids in Sweden leave for Santa?
NOTE: The answers are listed below.
Christmas Traditions from Around the World
Jamaica — Jamaicans dress in elaborate costumes to celebrate Christmas with parades and “Junkanoo” dancers, which is based on African dances. The December 26th festival may have started as early as the 16th Century.
Spain — The Spanish dish, turrón, a sweet dish made from honey, egg white, sugar, and toasted almonds, is served during Christmas. Recipes date back to the 16th Century.
Great Britain — Mistletoe was first hung as a Christmas decoration in Great Britain. However, the tradition of kissing under the mistletoe is thought to have originated in other parts of Europe.
Holland — Children in Holland receive presents from Sinterklaas on December 5, rather than on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. And if they leave carrots for Sinterklaas’s horse, he’ll leave sweets for the kids.
Iceland — Thirteen jólasveinarnir, or “Christmas Lads,” deliver presents to children in Iceland. Originally, the Christmas Lads were pranksters. Each showed up on a specific day around Christmas and performed a trick.
Japan — Children in Japan receive their Christmas presents on their pillow during Christmas night. Many Japanese families serve fried chicken as their traditional Christmas meal.
Norway — In Norway, people hide all the brooms in the house on Christmas Eve to prevent witches from stealing them for a midnight ride. It’s also a Christmas Eve tradition to leave a bowl of porridge in the barn for the gnome who protects the farm.
Merry Christmas from Sign2Day!
For more information on professional marketing materials or to discuss your marketing strategy for 2022, contact us here. The Sign2Day staff loves sharing how great marketing can lead to greater revenues. They specialize in print and digital marketing collateral, including website design and SEO services.
To set up an account and order products from our online shop, click here. Click on this link to read our online reviews and see some of the Sign2Day marketing design work.
Christmas Trivia Answers
- Jingle Bells
- Home Alone
- An old silk hat